Until the late 1970s, asbestos was a material that was widely used in the construction industry. It was most commonly utilized for roofing requirements in residential and commercial buildings. However, this naturally occurring mineral was found to pose serious health threats and subsequently banned in the late 1970s.
Buildings that were constructed before this ban came into effect featured asbestos roofs and may currently pose health risks to people living or working within or in the vicinity of these buildings. Safely uninstalling old asbestos roofs is not one to be treated as a DIY job. To ensure safe removal and disposal of roofing or any other materials made of asbestos, it is best to seek the services of asbestos removal contractors.
Significance of regular inspection
Did you know that asbestos fibers in old or damaged roofs can become airborne and cause health threats to people? This is exactly why you must refrain from disturbing asbestos roofing during the course of demolition or renovation. The right course of action would be to get in touch with asbestos removal experts and have your roof thoroughly inspected.
After a thorough inspection, these experts will determine if repair is possible or if you need to have it removed. Regardless of which of these suggestions you receive, make sure that you are working with established asbestos removal companies featuring proper licenses and certifications. You must also pay attention to their track record and request for customer reviews to ensure that they are equipped with an impeccable record of safely removing asbestos.
Here’s why you must choose established asbestos removal firms
Let’s now take a look at the benefits of choosing reliable asbestos removal experts.
- Stick to safety protocols: Established asbestos removal contractors will go the extra mile to ensure that safety is maintained at every stage of the removal process. They are equipped with the tools, technology and skills to safely remove asbestos without creating health risks for workers or other people living nearby.
- Extensive experience in the field: Having worked on different types of buildings and having tackled challenges of all kinds, established asbestos removal experts are empowered with rich experience and the right set of skills to effectively remove asbestos from any part of buildings.
- Compliance to necessary regulations: Reputed asbestos removal professionals adhere to local, state and federal regulations concerning safe removal and disposal of asbestos. This feature is greatly beneficial since it safeguards property owners from legal issues in future.
- Warranty: The best companies specializing in asbestos removal offer warranty on their work. This is something to look out for, especially when you are removing asbestos roofing in a densely populated area. After all, you do not want to face complaints from other residents regarding unsafe asbestos removal. In case any complaints do arise, the warranty will shield you from any legal consequences.
- Offering additional services: Reliable asbestos removal companies also offer asbestos testing services to determine if the construction material contains asbestos. Sometimes, the company may suggest asbestos encapsulation service. This involves spreading a sealant over asbestos roofs to prevent asbestos fibers from being released into the air.
- Reliability: Established companies are usually highly reliable, winding up the work within the specified budget, with utmost efficiency and on time. Additionally, the company will employ only certified experts with ample experience and extensive training to ensure that the job is properly done.
If your roof appears damaged and looks like it is time for repair or replacement, contact asbestos removal contractors to determine if the roof contains asbestos. If it does, leave it to these experts to safely remove and dispose the roof without turning it into a health risk for the entire community.