Severe storms, flooding, and tornadoes can throw your life out of gear with water accumulation, causing severe property damage. Seeking timely help from established water damage restoration companies can bring back the property to pre-loss condition and arrest further damage. Professional damage restoration is also essential to protect the health and hygiene of residents.
Causes of water damage to property
The damage to the property because of flooding and storms can be extensive, requiring a prolonged and costly restoration process. There are many causes of water damage besides these natural events. Professional water damage restoration companies spend significant time in assessing the reason for property damage. These are common causes of water damage:
- Extreme weather events
- Damaged PVC or rubber pipes
- Condensation of AC equipment
- Blocked drainage system
- Corrosion of old plumbing and heaters
- Overflowing of water in toilets
- Roof leakages
- Seepage of rainwater through old construction
Experienced water damage repair experts focus on determining and addressing the cause of water damage for the prevention of future damage to the property. These professionals have proven experience in detecting water damage signs like cracks in walls and ceilings, damage to wall paint, mildew, and stains.
About water damage restoration process
The water damage restoration process aims to return the condition of damaged property to the pre-loss status. It incorporates the following activities;
- Water damage inspection
- Water extraction
- Repair and reconstruction
Reputed water damage repair VA, employs expert and experienced professionals using advanced equipment and tools.
How does water damage repair help?
The reputed water damage repair VA executes the process after a thorough assessment of the property damage because of water. Hiring a professional water damage repair expert ensures a flawless job.
- Inspection- The process of water damage inspection includes identifying the water source, assessing the extent of property damage, and categorizing the damage. The most severe damage refers to Category 3, involving a high level of contamination involving sewer, toilets, and drainage systems. These experts classify the damage as Class 1, 2, and 3. The Class 3 damage refers to a wet surface area covering over 40 percent of the property.
- Water removal- Water extraction is essential to remove stagnant water because of leakages and flooding. The standing water may be present in basements, bathrooms, and kitchens. Water damage restoration companies use submersible pumps and vacuums to extract standing water.
- Dehumidification- Mildew or mold buildup is a health hazard. It is a common consequence of prolonged water stagnation. Using heaters, and dryers, and restoring air circulation help remove humidity. The process requires the use of goggles, protective clothing, and masks as personal protection measures.
Established providers of water damage repair VA ensure complete sanitation and cleaning of the property using scrubbers and vacuums. The water damage experts use disinfectants and antimicrobial agents to ensure a bacteria-free environment.
Selecting a water damage repair contractor
One should immediately start searching for an experienced and reputed contractor after noticing property damage because delay can prove costly. Water damage harms the health of residents and weakens the structural strength of the property. It can impact the value of the property if you plan to sell it. A water restoration project involves the coordination of experts with diverse skills to execute water removal, electrical work, plumbing, cleaning, and construction.
Choose contractors with experience and licenses. Recommendations from friends and neighbors can help you locate a proven service provider of water damage repair, VA. You must hire an established contractor to save the property from further damage while restoring it to the pre-damage condition. Certified water damage restoration companies provide all services under one roof, including roofing, remodeling, and flood damage repair.